Frequently Asked Questions
Our team gets asked a lot of questions. So we listed the most frequently asked questions to help you have a better understanding of your HVAC system and the service it requires. Just click a question below to see the corresponding answer.
And if you do not see the question you have, then send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If efficient HVAC performance is important to you, maintenance should be a top priority. It’s a simple truth that a neglected mechanical system will not operate as efficiently as a well-maintained one. Our contract services benefit you in several ways:
- Priority service calls
- Reduce equipment breakdowns
- Minimize the need for mid-season repairs
- Prolong HVAC system lifespan
- Promote safer equipment operation
- Lower your utility bills for a stronger bottom line
With our HSA Equipment Audit, we can give you a visual tour of your current system and its deficiencies – and you never have to leave your desk. We can show you in real-time where the system has leaks or operational issues. Some of the most common ways to improve HVAC efficiency include:
- Make repairs using the right parts
- Replace failing HVAC equipment with a properly sized, high-efficiency system
- Have your building’s ductwork redesigned to eliminate sharp turns and meandering runs that waste energy
- Seal the ductwork and your building’s air leaks
- Install a make-up air system for balanced ventilation in strategic areas of your building
- Install a building automation system (BAS) to automate and control many building functions from one central station
The ductwork in your commercial HVAC system distributes conditioned air throughout your building. Since all of the conditioned air passes through the ductwork, this system should also be inspected and maintained regularly. Air leaks in ductwork can account for a substantial loss of energy and money.
Our philosophy is that commercial and industrial HVAC maintenance should be performed on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis depending on your maintenance goals and your facility’s specific needs. Click here to request our “HSA Way” PM document and find out how we are different.
Remember planned maintenance will not prevent all system issues. However, it goes a long way to extending the service life of your HVAC investment.
It’s our recommendation that air filters be checked every month and changed quarterly.
What’s wrong with my system? Whether your building is old or new, high energy bills and comfort complaints can be a combination of many factors, including:
- Aging, neglected, improperly sized or poorly placed HVAC equipment
- Defective or under-performing equipment
- Thermally-inefficient building construction that allows for a high amount of air infiltration
- A ventilation system that doesn’t account for waste heat given off by computers and industrial equipment – even lighting!
- Operational inefficiencies within the system
- Dirty filters
We always recommend proactive maintenance to keep repairs to a minimum in both frequency and cost. Scheduled maintenance when done correctly and timely can extend the lifecycle of your equipment. Yet no system is immune to a critical failure.
To replace or repair? When a major issue does arise, we first perform a diagnostic assessment that helps us understand the scope of the issue and our options for repair. Upon reviewing the equipment specs, performance history and overall system efficiency, we may find that the cost of repairs will be greater than a replacement. Our service team works with our clients to ensure that they have all the necessary information to make an informed decision.
For the service and results you deserve, here are a few criteria we believe are essential:
- Commercial Focus
- Customer Satisfaction
- Experience and Industry Longevity
Learn more about how HSA is the right fit for your commercial service needs. Call us today…610.435.0995